In 2019, a significant event took place in the social sphere: the retirement age for women and men was increased. According to the government, this should positively affect the amount of monthly payments. The survivor's pension in 2020 may also be indexed.
In 2019, pension payments were indexed twice: in February and in spring in April. The Pension Fund of the Russian Federation has not yet specified the exact dates when an increase in cash benefits is expected for certain categories of citizens, but it is expected that this will be on April 1. An increase in the retirement age is also envisaged for this category, and the increase will be about 3.9%, however, the inflation rate is not taken into account, so the amount may be less than expected.
Pension may vary depending on the region of residence. So for residents of the Far North and other regions with difficult climatic conditions, the payment will be multiplied by the established regional coefficient. Today, their size starts from 2.5 thousand rubles. For residents of the central part, an amount of 5240 has been set, an increase is expected in 2020 to 5304.57 rubles.
In cases where the child remains an orphan and loses both parents, the pension doubles, if now it is about 10,500 rubles, next year the amount will increase by 200-300 rubles. In the event of the death of a single mother, children are also entitled to double payments. For more information on increases and ratios, contact your local Pension Fund office.
Who is obliged to help the state
In 2020, no changes are expected in the category of citizens receiving a survivor's pension. The list will include:
- minor children;
- Persons under 23 who study at higher and vocational educational institutions;
- foster and foster children;
- disabled people with a non-working group, disabled parents, grandparents (if they do not have a single close family member who could take them for support).
Various kinds of payments are provided for other categories:
- citizens caring for children under the age of 14;
- parents of dead military servicemen (until they reach retirement age);
- the wives of the dead soldiers.
If a child takes an official job or marries before he comes of age, then material assistance is paid only up to 16 years. Lifetime maintenance is provided exclusively for persons who, due to their disability and for other reasons, are not included in the group of able-bodied citizens.
How to make out
To receive it, you must provide the FIU with the relevant documents, according to which the fact of the death of the breadwinner, in whom the applicant was dependent, is confirmed (only relatives can become applicants). Depending on the specific situation, the package of necessary documents may vary somewhat and be supplemented, but they necessarily require the following:
- death certificate (confirmation of the recognition of the breadwinner as missing);
- marriage certificate;
- birth certificate (for minor children);
- certificate from the place of work or study;
- disability documents and proof of disability.
To clarify the information, contact the nearest PFR branch at the place of residence. The package of papers should be transferred directly to the office or use the Gosuslug portal. Documents may be submitted by the official representative of the applicant, if he has a power of attorney certified by a notary. If the child has reached the age of majority, is a full-time student, but the pension is not paid to him, then you must contact the FIU and restore the legal right.
Types of Social Pensions
The survivor's pension in 2020, as before, is divided into three types:
- Insurance. All close family members can receive it if the deceased had seniority. The size of payments will depend on this, as well as on the size of monthly contributions to the FIU and the regional coefficient. The exact amount is calculated individually
- Social. If a person did not have work experience (worked without registration), then all family members who were dependent on him, can also count on the help of the state. The size of the pension is fixed and depends on the region.
- State. Payments can be received by relatives of the deceased servicemen, officials, rescuers, etc. A number of factors are taken into account when calculating the amount. For example, if a soldier dies in the performance of his official duty from injuries or injuries, the amount of payments exceeds 10,000 rubles. If he died from an illness or accident, that is, in circumstances not related to his duty to his homeland, the payment may not exceed 10 thousand rubles.