The Federal Institute for Pedagogical Measurements (FIPI) is a state budgetary research institution created by order of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation on 02.08.02 with the aim of developing and conducting research in the field of assessing the quality of education in Russia.
The priority tasks of FIPI for 2020 include:
- modernization of CMMs for OGE taking into account the requirements of the Federal State Educational Standard;
- finalization of KIM for the USE-2020;
- issue of teaching aids for GIA-9 and GIA-11;
- organization and holding of seminars, webinars and conferences;
- issue of the journal "Pedagogical measurements";
- improvement of technologies for assessing educational achievements;
- systematization and analysis of statistical data.
OGE Reform 2020
Although the scope of FIPI is quite wide, the main task of 2020 is the reform of the Unified State Examination, due to the fact that it was in the 2019-2020 academic year that the 9th grade students who were the first to study in the new GEF programs from 1st grade finish.
Among the main innovations of 2020:
- increase in the number of items to 6 (2 required + 4 to choose from);
- change in the number of tasks in KIMs in many subjects;
- minimizing the tests for choosing one correct answer from several proposed options;
- orientation of questions not on dry theoretical terms, but on the acceleration of skills of practical application of knowledge among graduates;
- revision of criteria for evaluating work and maximum test scores;
- the introduction of appropriate changes to the recommended table for the translation of CSE points into a 5-point rating.
Important! The GIA-9 format itself will not be changed. All innovations will concern exclusively the structure and content of KIMs.
At the same time, many tasks from last year’s tickets will be presented in the new KIMs (either unchanged or in a slightly modified wording). But, if in 2018 and 2019 in many of the questions the examinees were offered answer options, they will not be on the 2020 tickets.
Promising KIM Models
What FIPI specialists see KIMA OGE 2020 you can find out by looking at the promising models presented on the website of the institute.
Important! The options proposed for review and discussion are not final. Based on the results of public discussions, assignment texts may be amended. But, apparently, they will not be significant.
OGE Schedule 2020
Traditionally, the draft schedule GIA-9 and GIA-11 FIPI presents in late October or early November. The 2019-2020 school year will not be an exception.
The 9th-year exams will be opened for an oral interview, due in mid-February 2020.
As before, the examiners will be given the opportunity to pass the OGE or HGE-9 during the preliminary, main or autumn session, in each of which basic and reserve days will be reserved for each discipline taken for control.
Changes in Examination 2020For several years, FIPI carried out a large-scale reform of KIMs for the Unified State Examination, which was completed in 2019.
According to experts, 2019 tickets fully comply with modern requirements, and already in 2020, control and measuring materials will not be reviewed. Changes will be made only in the texts of assignments, which caused a large number of complaints from graduates and teachers in the USE season of the 2018-2019 academic year.
At the USE 2020, graduates of 11th grades will have to demonstrate knowledge in 3 subjects:
- 2 required (Russian language and mathematics);
- 1 to choose from.
Exam statistics 2019
According to official data, in 2019 the Unified State Exam expressed a desire to pass more than 779,000 people, including 678,000 graduates of the 2018-2019 school year.
The distribution of subjects open for independent selection was as follows:
more than 160,000 people
about 100,000 people
about 100,000 people
67 500 people
27 500 people
Examination Schedule 2020
Since the FIPI has not yet approved the draft schedule of the GIA 2019-2020 academic year, we can only assume the start and end dates of the preliminary, main and autumn sessions (the sequence of exams and dates by discipline by year often do not coincide).
The "graduation race" for 11th graders will begin with the December essay, which this season should traditionally take place on the first Wednesday of the month, or rather, 04.12.19.
A more detailed exam calendar can be found on our website as soon as it is approved by the Federal Institute for Pedagogical Measurements.
The main information platform of FIPI is the portal fipi.ru, on the pages of which the basic information about the institute's activities, the services provided and the planned innovations is placed.
For graduates of grades 9 and 11, such materials posted on the FIPI website will be useful:
- demos of KIMs;
- specifications and codifiers for each of the items submitted to the GIA;
- manuals and training books;
- open task bank for effective self-training;
- tips and materials to help you prepare for your exams.
By visiting the FIPI portal you can download for free any of the editions of the journal “Pedagogical Measurements”, find out the requirements for the design of scientific articles, and also find out the email address to which you must provide materials for placement in the next issue of the periodical.
Also see what innovations were announced by the leaders of the FIPI federal commissions for the OGE 2020: