X-project - film 2020
- World Premiere: 2020
- Premiere in Russia: 2020
- Country of Origin: China, USA
- Genre: Action, Thriller, Adventure
- Director: Scott Waugh
- Cast: Jackie Chan, John Cena, Johan Philip Asbeck, Marvin Beauvais, Pierre Bourdo, Tim Man, Amadeus Serafini, Miki Coltes, Temur Mamisashvili, Jiang Wenli, Tazito Garcia.
The release of the movie “Project X” should be one of the main film events of 2020. Rating expectations of the picture is 97-98%. The filming process, which began in the summer of 2018 in China, has already ended - installation and dubbing work is underway. The premiere will tentatively be held on January 1, 2020 in China. The release date of the film in world distribution is not yet announced.
Initially, the picture was called "Ex-Baghdad" - the name was changed during the filming. The action takes place at a Chinese refinery located in Iraq. The company is captured by bandits, taking workers hostage. Owners of the plant seek help from private security guard Jackie Luo. Soon, the guard finds out that the invaders do not plan to kill the hostages - they need to steal as much oil as possible. To frustrate their plans and save people, the Chinese guard teams up with a partner. He becomes an American, formerly a Marine Chris Saatchi.
John Cena, Jackie Chan and Scott Waugh on the set of X-Project
Sina instead of stallone
The role of Jackie Luo is played by Jackie Chan, and in the role of his partner Chris, Sylvester Stallone was originally supposed to star. For the first time, viewers would see the tandem of Chan and Stallone on the screen - before they did not intersect on the set. But it didn’t happen - Stallone was forced to leave the project because of his commitments to the Creed-2 film.
Instead, John Cena was approved for the lead role. The 42-year-old American wrestler has won 25 championships, including 16 world championships. Recently, Sina is a sought-after Hollywood actor. He made his debut with a small role in the comedy "Girl Without Complexes" in 2015. Then there were works in the comedies "Hello, Dad, New Year" and "Sisters."
In 2017, the champion starred in the military drama "The Wall" - film critics and viewers praised his game. In "Project X" they expect him not only a brilliant acting, but also professional fights, masterful performance of complex tricks. The same audience expect from his partner in the film and the second leading actor Jackie Chan.
In the film "Project X" in 2020, other promising actors are involved:
- Jackie Chan - needs no introduction. His filmography has more than 100 roles. For the first time, Jackie Chan appeared on the screen as a 6-year-old child - he played in a cameo role.
- Johan Philip Asbek is known to the Russian audience for the TV series “Game of Thrones”, the paintings “Overlord”, “The Great Wall”, “The Ghost in the Shell”.
- Marvin Beauvais is a young French actor who starred in the Chinese film Wandering Land. The premiere took place on February 5, 2019.
- Amadeus Serafini is an American starring in the television series Scream and Impulse and two short films. X-Project is the fifth in his filmography.
- Mickey Coltes - actor and producer, starred in 13 films, including "Gloomy House", "Seconds to Disaster", "Robin Hood."
- Jackie Chan
- Johan Philip Asbek
- Marvin Beauvais
- Amadeus Serafini
- Miki Coltes
- The script of the action-packed action movie is Arash Amel. Over the past 7 years, he has written scripts for 12 projects. His best works are "Private War", "Titan", "Princess of Monaco". Critics believe the X-Project will continue this list.
- The director of the action movie is Scott Waugh. His portfolio includes 3 major directorial works: The Law of Valor, Thirst for Speed, and At a Depth of 6 Feet. The "Law of Valor" is filmed in the genre of action, a military-adventure thriller, so Waugh has experience.
- The operator of the picture is Tony Chun, whose filmography includes 41 projects. The best camera work - "Mulan", "14 Blades", "Drunk Master 2".
- The film is produced by Hans Kanosa, Esmond Ren, Joe Tam, Qi Jianhong. Co-producer is Jackie Chan himself.